The aim of the module is to allow the availability of services to be checked by the public and to allow the business manager to check, edit and add bookings on the fly using a mobile touch device.
The maximum number of services to display in the window. Default 5.
The maximum number of Bookings to display in the window. Default 10.
The other settings are for adjusting the color of the different elements.
Access Control List
The Booking Robot Module utilises the Joomla ACL to control who can view the availability status of services or make quick edits to keep the booking extension up to date.
There are 2 levels of access:
- View Only – normally set to Public
- View & Edit – normally set to Manager
If granted the public can view the status of services to check availability.
- On load it will display the current date.
- The date picker can be used to select other dates.
- If a single date is selected on the start option, then just that date is displayed.
- If both the start and end picker are used, then all services are displayed within that date range.
- If a date is selected where no services are published, then this message should be displayed >
Sorry no services on this date selection.
- The public cannot select dates in the past or see expired services that day.
View & Edit
If logged in with permission to edit then services can be added or edited.
- The editor cannot select days in the past, but can see and edit expired services on present day.
- The services can be clicked on to allow the option to find out who has booked the service.
- Simple bookings can be made, with no payment – ideal for cash payments.
- Bookings can be cancelled.
- Group sizes can be edited within the limits of the maximum set for that service.
- If the maximum is reached the ‘+’ button should be greyed out.
- If double bookings are allowed on the service, then the individual bookings can be edited.
- Notes can be added for later reference.
- After making an edit, the save button should be used. Once saved, it refreshes back one level.